Page Text: Home » Building Websites » Affiliate Reviews – Choose Wisely
Affiliate Reviews – Choose Wisely
The search – your search – is on for the top best affiliate program. Is it because you want to know how to make money online with a website and create an income stream with your e-commerce site, or are you looking to affiliate marketing as a potentially significant income source?
There is plenty of information on the internet about each of these options, and each would require its own cloud storage. For the purpose of this article, let’s focus on some of the top best affiliate programs.
Know this, affiliate newbie – there is no fast way to make money online with websites. There are many affiliate programs. Each has its own features and focus.
Despite the long list of affiliate programs, some programs seem to consistently draw the most favorable review attention. Let’s look at seven of the top best affiliate programs (please note that they are not in any particular rating order – all are well-regarded by reviewers):
• LinkShare is a large, successful multi-merchant affiliate program with over 10 million affiliate partnerships. It is considered very effective at drawing customers.
Comment(s): Commissions earned through the LinkShare program are not as high as with other affiliate programs.
• Commission Junction is another large and successful program that offers many features. Because it has a lot of big advertisers, you may find it challenging to get into the affiliate program. After you have been accepted by Commission Junction, you must apply to each advertiser’s program, also. However, once in the Commission Junction, some advertisers may seek you out and invite you to become their affiliate without going through the additional application process.
Comment(s): Commission Junction does not have a users’ discussion forum. You should carefully review all the terms and conditions of each program. There is no umbrella terms and conditions.
• ShareASale is known for its easy-to-use features and is considered among the most popular of affiliate marketing services. It has a sizeable merchant base with many categories. ShareASale services include reports and sales that are updated in real-time.
Comment(s): ShareASale doesn’t provide as many search options as other affiliate programs.
• Amazon Associates, the Seattle-based online merchant, has developed its own affiliate program. Amazon Associates is considered an easy way to monetize your blog. It offers variety of products, customization in advertising, and specific tracking.
Comment(s): Services are limited to marketing the products found on Amazon.com.
• FlexOffers has several unique services not found in other programs. It has customizable, low-maintenance templates (users have the option to create their own). FlexOffers has a Refer-A-Friend option that can become an additional revenue stream. Another service is an account message center that enables marketers and merchants to easily communicate with one another.
Comment(s): FlexOffers has a smaller selection of advertisers.
• OneNetworkDirect is the network dedicated exclusively to the digital marketplace. It has many functions and advertisers for affiliates who focus on consumer electronics and games. The client list represents among the world’s largest technology and entertainment brands.
Comment(s): Its customer support is limited to email contact only.
• ClickBank is well regarded for its excellent features and advertiser options as well as its high commission base (up to 75%). ClickBank focuses on e-books and software products. Affiliates can choose among tens of thousands of digital products to market.
Comment: Customer support is limited to email contact only.
Reminder: if you are going to enter the arena of affiliate marketing, be prepared to do a lot of research about each affiliate program. Start by considering what features and services are important to you:
• Features – reporting, search options, tracking, link options, deep linking/redirects, premium advertisers, price comparison options, product performance/reviews
• Ease of use
• Help/support – phone, hours of access, email only
• Payment options – major cards, PayPal, direct deposit
• Tutorials – This is a HUGE MUST HAVE
• Daily commission feed
FREE Wealthy Affiliate Program, Absolutely No Credit Card Needed. All the training and tutorials you will ever need plus an online community 24/7 for any help needed. This is free or you can upgrade to premium, only if you think you’re ready to take the next step to success. The only thing you have to buy in the premium program is your domain names for your websites. All your websites are hosted free in the free or premium websites.
The comments in this article about the top best affiliate programs are just general summaries, drawn from the reviews of industry observers and successful marketers. There are many affiliate programs to consider and not all of them are considered to be totally ethical. Take time to investigate each company of interest to you. Check online reviews and Better Business Bureau standings if you feel uneasy about what is being claimed or offered to you.
Watch Build a Free Website Video in 30 seconds.
It may seem daunting at first but you have some wonderful resources within the affiliate programs themselves and online through affiliate marketing forums. Affiliate marketing is now an established part of e-commerce and can be an exciting adventure. Best wishes to you.
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill
Hey there, What is your opinion? Did you find some helpful information and did it help to make up your mind or do you still have questions? either way leave a comment and let me know, Thanks.
July 5, 2014 Wayne 8 Comments
8 thoughts on “Affiliate Reviews – Choose Wisely”